If you live in an area with weather that can turn dangerous quickly, you may want a convenient way to monitor the weather at your home. Those who are simply interested in weather and like to keep up with the local weather patterns can also benefit from the use of a system designed to monitor the weather around your area.
There are home weather stations that can be used to help you keep up with the wind, temperature, and other conditions around your house or work location.
These small weather stations work well for people who have jobs that require them to be outdoors. You can use this type of station to help you plan for inclement weather in your area so you’re always prepared for a potential weather disaster.
These devices can also be used to keep up with weather patterns. Many can provide you with information on the low and high temperatures for the day, month, or year. The following is a list of the 10 best home weather stations based on reviews from consumer reports.
10. AcuRite 00622 Pro Color Weather Station
The AcuRite 00622 Pro Color Weather Station has a simple design that makes it easy to setup so you can start monitoring your weather immediately. This weather station provides you with many different types of readings and keeps track of weather patterns over time.
This weather station from AcuRite has a bright and colorful display with plenty of contrast so you can easily see the different weather readings. This unit works well for those seeking a functional and compact weather station that’s easy to use and mount.
- adjustable dimmer allows you to change the brightness of the screen
- unit is electric powered with battery backup
- measures temperature, humidity, and wind speed
- unit is quick and easy to setup
- provides you with daily, monthly, and all-time records
- has an accurate sensor
- screen may be too bright for use in some areas
- it doesn’t display the high and low readings on the main screen
This weather station from AcuRite is functional and easy to use. It has a bright screen with vivid colors that helps you see the weather conditions from a reasonable distance. It shows you the temperature, the humidity, and the wind speeds.
9. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station
The La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station has a color screen that allows you to read it easily even in low light. This weather station can give you alerts for temperatures inside or outside to help you keep up with current weather conditions.
This forecast station has a relatively large viewing screen that shows you different types of weather data all on one screen. It includes a helpful user manual to will show you how to get started with your weather station and help you set the temperature alerts if desired.
- shows indoor and outdoor temperatures
- the remote sensor reads the conditions from wherever it’s mounted
- has an adjustable backlight
- unit is easy to use
- includes a power cord and the option to use batteries for backup
- sensor has a 300 foot range
- time on unit may not update for daylight savings time automatically
- screen can be difficult to read from certain angles
This weather station from La Crosse has a vibrant colored screen that shows you humidity, temperature inside or outside, and any temperature alerts you may have set. The sensor that comes with the unit can be installed up to 300 feet away for accurate readings.
8. La Crosse Technology Wireless WiFi Essential Weather Station
The La Crosse Technology Wireless Essential Weather Station is WiFi compatible so you can connect it to your mobile device as an easy way to keep up with the weather in your area. This station provides you with the weather forecast and also includes seasonal foliage tree icons for reference.
This weather station from La Crosse has a vibrant color display that shows you all the relevant data on one screen. It can read the temperature both indoors and outdoors so you’re always aware of the conditions in and around your home or office.
- comes WiFi ready
- has 5 different brightness levels
- includes a full calendar with date and weekday listed
- easy to use and monitor with compatible device
- trend arrows show you weather trends over time
- can show the humidity for inside and outside
- doesn’t give data on wind like some other units
- can be difficult to connect to some WiFi networks
This compact weather station is ideal for those looking for an option that provides basic temperature and humidity conditions in and around your home. This unit connects to your WiFi network so you can monitor weather even when you’re not at your house.
7. Ambient Weather WS-2801-X2 Advanced Wireless Color Forecast Station
The Ambient Weather WS-2801-X2 Advanced Wireless Color Forecast Station includes 1 console and 2 remotes. It has several advanced features that make this station the ideal option for those who are interested in keeping up with the weather conditions at their home or office.
This weather station from Ambient Weather has a color screen with high contrast so that you can easily see the data, even from a reasonable distance. This unit keeps up with changes in the barometric pressure to give you a weather forecast for the next 24 to 48 hours.
- unit is equipped with an atomic clock for accurate time
- time is set automatically and always synced with the US atomic clock for accuracy
- includes 2 sensors so you can monitor 2 different locations
- keeps up with temperature and humidity in 2 areas
- can provide you with an accurate forecast for the next 1 to 2 days
- sensors can transmit up to 300 feet in distance
- the indoor unit requires to be plugged in for updates
- the backlight can’t be turned off
This weather station from AcuRite comes with 2 sensors to give you the option to monitor weather in two locations. The sensors can transmit data up to 300 feet away to the indoor unit. You can also get weather forecast readings using the barometric pressure from this device.
6. AcuRite 02027A1 Color Weather Station
The AcuRite 02027A1 Color Weather Station includes a patented self-calibrating system that gives you a weather forecast based on the conditions around your home. This weather station has a tabletop design that allows you to place it in a convenient place so you can see the weather data.
This weather station from AcuRite includes a sensor that can transmit data to your indoor unit from up to 330 feet away. This unit includes a power adapter so you can plug it into a standard outlet. It includes an internal clock that automatically adjusts for daylight savings time.
- shows the daily high and low temperatures
- has a full color display with black background for contrast
- provides indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity
- shows all time high and low temperatures with a time stamp
- can be used to provide you with an accurate forecast for your area
- included sensor has a longer range than many other brands
- this unit is not designed to be wall mounted
- the outdoor sensor can run through batteries quickly
This weather station from AcuRite includes a sensor that can be placed up to 330 feet away from the display unit. It has a full color screen and can provide you with a weather forecast based on the current conditions in your area.
5. AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station
The AcuRite 0136M Wireless Weather Station includes the option to program alarms to warn you of certain weather conditions. This system has a high-precision wireless weather sensor that accurately measures wind speed and direction, rain, humidity, and temperature.
This complex weather system from AcuRite is ideal for the weather enthusiast who likes to stay informed of all the inclement weather in their area. The system has a brightly lit illuminated display that makes it easy to see various weather conditions from different angles.
- can connect to your computer with a USB connection
- system lets you remotely view your weather when you’re aren’t home
- allows you to set up alarms for temperature, wind, storm alerts, and more
- has many features that other weather stations don’t have
- can be used to alert you to bad weather even when you’re away from home
- lets you check the weather from your mobile device using the AcuRite app
- system is much higher priced than many other options
- connection issues may exist with some internet providers or devices
This internet-ready weather station from AcuRite provides you with many different readings on the weather in your area. You can set alarms for various weather conditions so you’re always alert. This system includes a sensor that keeps up with wind, temperatures, humidity, and rain levels.
4. La Crosse Technology V40-PRO-INT Color Wireless WiFi Professional Weather Station
The La Crosee Technology V40-PRO-INT Color Weather Station can be used without needing wires, gateways, or bridges which makes installation quick and easy. You can use the La Crosse app to view weather data on your compatible mobile device.
This weather station from La Crosse Technology is designed to measure many different weather conditions so you can always be prepared for inclement weather. This station includes an advanced wind, rain, and solar sensor for accurate readings.
- forecasts weather and provides seasonal foliage tree icons
- has selectable history for wind speeds and rain
- WiFi compatible for easy access to weather data
- indoor station has vivid color display
- provides complete weather data
- sensor can transmit up to 400 feet
- unit has a higher price than many other weather stations
- using the WiFi connection can be difficult with certain networks
This weather station from La Crosse Technology allows you to use the compatible app so you can always monitor your weather, even when you’re away from home. This station monitors rain levels and wind speed to let you keep up with inclement weather conditions in your area.
3. AcuRite 02081M Weather Station
The AcuRite 02081M Weather Station has an oversized color display which helps you see the weather data easily from a distance. This device is able to show you daily high and low records for indoor and outdoor temperatures which is ideal for those who are interested in weather patterns.
This weather station from AcuRite has a strong wireless range and the sensor can be placed up to 330 feet away from the display unit. It’s equipped with a self-calibrating forecasting tool that gives you an accurate weather forecast so you can plan accordingly.
- can forecast the weather for 12 to 24 hours later
- device transmits data to the unit every 16 seconds for up to date readings
- the atomic clock ensures the time is always accurate
- unit is powered by an AC adapter but uses batteries for backup
- automatically updates for daylight savings time
- shows indoor and outdoor temperatures
- unit won’t have all available features when only powered by batteries alone
- the screen can be hard to read in low light
This weather forecasting station from AcuRite is an affordable option for those seeking a functional device that provides current weather along with predictions for the future. This unit has an oversized screen and includes an outdoor sensor that can be placed up to 330 feet away from the main display.
2. Ambient Weather WiFi Weather Station
The Ambient Weather WiFi Weather Station has a professional design that works well for those are interested in keeping track of many different weather aspects around their home. It includes a high-contrast and easy to read display so you can easily see all the data.
This weather station from Ambient Weather comes with an enhanced WiFi connection option so you’re able to view your weather remotely from a compatible device. The unit transmits the weather data to Weather Underground, the world’s largest personal weather station network.
- data can be accessed from a mobile phone, computer, or tablet
- measures wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, outdoor temperature, and humidity
- this unit also provides you with data on solar radiation and UV condition
- has one of the most comprehensive lists of weather data available
- includes an accurate and precise outdoor sensor
- can calculate dew point, wind chill, and heat index
- higher price than basic weather stations
- doesn’t include an archive memory to save data
This professional weather station from Ambient Weather is perfect for anyone who’s interested in monitoring weather patterns in their area. It offers many different data options that aren’t found on cheaper weather stations and has a powerful sensor to provide accurate results.
1. La Crosse Technology 308-1414B Wireless Forecast Station
The La Crosse Technology 308-1414B Wireless Forecast Station has a full color display screen that shows the following weather icons: sunny, partly sunny, cloudy, rainy, stormy, and snowy. This unit has an atomic clock that automatically sets the time for accuracy.
This weather station from La Crosse Technology is designed to monitor the temperatures inside and outside your home. It also shows you the indoor and outdoor humidity and can provide information on recorded minimum and maximum values.
- allows you to set temperature alerts for inside or outside
- automatically resets for daylight savings time
- has an indoor and outdoor humidity range from 19% to 97%
- on-screen weather icons give you a quick glimpse of the weather for the day
- unit has reception and low battery indicators
- includes an AC adapter as the primary power source
- time and date can be hard to read from a distance
- weather predictions aren’t super accurate
This weather station from La Crosse Technology is an affordable and versatile option for anyone seeking a device that can provide you with useful weather information at your home. This unit is easy to use and can tell you temperature and humidity for inside or outside the home.
An at-home weather station can provide you with accurate and up-to-date weather information any time you need it. Some of these units can also provide you with wind readings which can be helpful to those who do certain outdoor jobs or activities where wind can be a factor. Most weather stations can show you the temperature both inside and outside your home.
They can also tell you the humidity which can be helpful when monitoring inclement weather conditions in your area. Those who are particularly interested in weather patterns may wish to purchase a forecast station that also saves weather information over time so you can review past weather conditions. When choosing the best weather station it can be helpful to read online consumer reviews to help you purchase a unit that has a good design and will last.
- 10. AcuRite 00622 Pro Color Weather Station
- 9. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station
- 8. La Crosse Technology Wireless WiFi Essential Weather Station
- 7. Ambient Weather WS-2801-X2 Advanced Wireless Color Forecast Station
- 6. AcuRite 02027A1 Color Weather Station
- 5. AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station
- 4. La Crosse Technology V40-PRO-INT Color Wireless WiFi Professional Weather Station
- 3. AcuRite 02081M Weather Station
- 2. Ambient Weather WiFi Weather Station
- 1. La Crosse Technology 308-1414B Wireless Forecast Station