There are many household chores that are just mundane and boring, but they have to be done. For many people, ironing is one of those chores. It’s tedious and boring, just like many other chores. But one of the best things about ironing is that there are ways to make it easier and to use your time more efficiently. One of the easiest ways to make ironing take less time and effort is to invest in a quality steam iron.
Steam irons are just as effective at smoothing clothes and removing wrinkles as conventional irons. They can actually be better for certain fabrics and specific textiles. The great thing about a steam iron is that you can use it on more than just clothing. They are simply designed but quite effective. Plus, they can save a lot of time and effort. The following is a list of the 10 best steam irons based on reviews by consumer guides.
10. BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron
The BLACK+DECKER classic steam iron has a simple design and an affordable price. This iron is versatile and can be used to remove wrinkles from many types of fabrics.
This traditional steam iron has an art deco design with modern features. It can be used for steam ironing or dry ironing which makes it safe for most delicate fabrics.
- regulates water temperature to prevent dripping
- includes 7 temperature settings to choose from
- automatically shuts off when left unattended
- safe and easy to use
- has an intuitive temperature dial and guide to help you choose the right settings
- can be used on delicate fabrics and standard fabrics
- automatic off feature can be frustrating when iron is used for certain tasks
- doesn’t hold as much water as some other steam irons
This steam iron from BLACK+DECKER is budget-friendly and easy to use. It can be used with or without steam, which means that it works well for most types of fabrics.
9. BEAUTURAL 1800-Watt Steam Iron
The BEAUTURAL steam iron has 1800 watts of power. This iron features the latest in technology which allows you to easily see the settings and adjust them as needed based on the type of fabric you’re ironing.
This steam iron comes with 9 preset modes that you can choose from. It has a comfortable design that makes it easy to hold in your hand which is ideal for those who iron a lot of clothes.
- includes an LCD screen that shows the settings
- comes with a 3-way auto off feature for safety
- has a double ceramic soleplate
- designed for use on all types of fabrics
- screen makes it easy to choose from the various settings
- plate is scratch-resistant and designed to last
- may leave marks on sensitive fabrics
- uses a lot of electricity when compared to other steam irons
This steam iron from BEAUTIURAL is powerful and includes many preset functions to work on various types of fabrics. It has an LCD screen that allows you to see the settings and make changes as needed.
8. Utopia Home Steam Iron
The Utopia Home steam iron is budget-friendly and perfect for those looking for a basic, but functional, steam iron. It has a simple design which makes it easy to use.
This steam iron has a 360-degree swivel cord so you can move it around easily while you’re ironing. It has various settings so you can adjust accordingly based on the type of fabric you’re ironing.
- can be used with or without steam
- includes a 200 mm water tank
- nonstick soleplate allows the iron to glide easily over all types of fabric
- affordable when compared to other steam irons
- small in size which makes it a good option for travel
- has a dial so you can change the settings
- may not be ideal for those who do a lot of ironing
- has fewer settings and functions than some other steam irons
This affordable steam iron has a basic design with a dial so you can adjust the settings. The iron can be used with steam or without which means it works for nearly any type of fabric.
7. Rowenta DW9280 Digital Display Steam Iron
The Rowenta DW9280 steam iron has a technologically advanced design that allows you to iron any type of fabric. You can adjust the settings using the digital controls based on the material you’re ironing.
This iron from Rowenta features advanced settings with a digital display that makes it easy to adjust. The iron has a large water tank so you don’t have to refill it frequently.
- pump delivers powerful steam bursts for efficient ironing
- iron has 400 holes to help save time
- has an LED indicator to let you know when the iron is ready for use
- can put out as much as 30% more steam than many other irons
- large plate saves time when you’re ironing
- has 1800 watts of steam power
- unit is much pricier than many other steam irons
- heavy-duty design can make this iron challenging to use
This steam iron from Rowenta has a digital design with an LED display. The iron has many different settings so you can adjust the temperature and steam based on the type of fabric you’re ironing.
6. Maytag M400 Steam Iron
The Maytag M400 steam iron is designed to heat up quickly to save time when you’re ironing. This iron has a self-cleanign function that helps with maintenance so it lasts through years of use.
This iron from Maytag is simple but versatile. You can adjust the settings so that it’s safe for use on many different types of fabrics including clothes, bedding, and curtains.
- self-cleaning function removes impurities from the iron
- allows you to iron specialty fabrics like linen and silk
- has an 8.1 ounce tank capacity
- the 360-degree swivel cord allows you to move the iron easily as you work
- large tank means you don’t have to add water as frequently
- comes with a 2-year warranty
- tank is not removable
- automatic shutoff can cause the iron to turn off while you’re using it
This iron from Maytag has many settings so you can use it on most types of fabric. It has a large water tank and a self-cleaning feature which helps save time and effort.
5. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron
The Steamfast SF-717 mini steam iron is perfect for travel. This compact iron would also be a good option for someone who doesn’t iron a lot and doesn’t need a full-size steam iron.
This small steam iron from Steamfast is lightweight and is designed to heat up quickly to help save time. It has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use and it takes up very little space in your suitcase.
- dual-voltage means you can travel with it anywhere
- has a 1.4 ounce water tank
- heats up in as little as 15 seconds
- small size means you can travel with it and it doesn’t require much space for storage
- comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- has 3 temperature settings
- water tank is smaller than most other steam irons
- doesn’t have as many settings as some other options
This compact steam iron works well for travel or for the infrequent ironing job at home. It has a small water tank and compact design that makes it very lightweight and easy to use.
4. BEAUTURAL Steam Iron
The BEAUTURAL steam iron has a classic design with several settings to choose from so you can iron any type of fabric. This iron can be used for clothing, bedding, and other materials.
This steam iron from BEAUTURAL weighs less than 3 pounds and is made of high-quality materials. It heats up quickly to help make the ironing process quicker and easier.
- soleplate is ceramic-coated so it won’t snag delicate materials
- reaches maximum temperature in less than a minute
- has a dial that allows you to choose the best setting for the fabric
- plate is scratch-resistant and easy to clean
- large water tank means you don’t have to refill as often
- has a 3-way auto-off for safety
- doesn’t have a retractable cord
- dial is located in a place where you can accidentally hit it and change the settings during use
This budget-friendly steam iron has various settings so you can safely use it on most fabrics. It has a lightweight design when compared with many other irons and includes a large water tank for convenience.
3. BLACK+DECKER IR1010 Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron
The BLACK+DECLEr IR1010 Light’N Easy steam iron is compact and perfect for home use or travel. This iron has several settings so you can use it on most fabrics.
This steam iron from BLACK+DECKER has an anti-drip design to prevent damage to delicate materials. It’s lightweight and easy to hold in your hand.
- automatically adjusts the amount of steam based on the setting you choose
- shuts off for safety after a specific time of non-use
- regulates water temperature to prevent dripping
- lightweight and compact
- simple controls make it easy to adjust the settings
- doesn’t damage fabrics from excess steam
- may not heat up as quickly as some other steam irons
- doesn’t have a digital display
This affordable steam iron is versatile and can be used on many types of fabrics. It’s lightweight and compact which makes it a great option for travel.
2. Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron
The Professional Grade 1700 watt steam iron from PurSteam has many features of pricier steam irons but is much more affordable. This iron can be used on clothing, curtains, bedding, and more.
This iron from PurSteam has many settings to choose from. You can use the dial to adjust the temperature and steam based on the nature of the fabric you’re ironing.
- available in black or grey
- stainless steel soleplate won’t snag or stain clothing
- can be used for vertical steaming
- steam is automatically adjusted based on your fabric type selection
- has a 3-way shut off feature for safety
- anti-drip means you don’t have to worry about damage to delicate fabrics
- the dial is quite large and can be hard to read
- may feel heavy when the large water tank is full
This professional-quality steam iron can be used on most fabrics. You can adjust the temperature and steam to make it safe to use on even the most delicate materials.
1. Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
The Sunbeam Steammaster iron is affordable and safe for use on most fabrics. It has a retractable cord for convenience when storing or traveling.
This iron from Sunbeam has many settings to choose from. You can turn the dial on top of the iron to adjust the temperature based on the type of fabric you’re ironing.
- the cord retracts with the push of a button
- has 1400 watts of power
- can be used to steam vertically
- works on clothing, bedding, and hanging items
- comes with a 3-year warranty
- doesn’t have a digital display screen
- not equipped with a non-stick surface
This iron from Sunbeam is affordable and has several features so you can adjust the settings based on the fabric you’re ironing. The retractable cord works well for travel.
A steam iron is handheld and easy to use. You can use the steam iron to remove wrinkles from clothing and other fabrics. They can be used to smooth drapes, shower curtains, bedding, and more. Steam irons use hot water to remove wrinkles, which means they are safe for use on most types of fabrics. They don’t tend to get as hot as traditional irons and are less likely to damage fragile fabrics. It’s always important to follow the ironing instructions for your fabrics to prevent damage while ironing.
Steam irons usually have various settings so you can use them on most types of fabrics. It’s important to consider the cord length when shopping for a steam iron as a short cord can make ironing difficult. You should also consider the water tank size as well as the weight of the iron. It’s helpful to read consumer reviews when shopping for a steam iron. These reviews can help you choose the best option based on price, quality, and features.
- 10. BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron
- 9. BEAUTURAL 1800-Watt Steam Iron
- 8. Utopia Home Steam Iron
- 7. Rowenta DW9280 Digital Display Steam Iron
- 6. Maytag M400 Steam Iron
- 5. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron
- 4. BEAUTURAL Steam Iron
- 3. BLACK+DECKER IR1010 Light ‘N Easy Compact Steam Iron
- 2. Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron
- 1. Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron