Welcoming a new baby into the family often means you need to purchase baby gear and essential items to care for the baby. There are so many different items marketed to new parents as items that you absolutely need for convenience.
While some of these items should be considered luxury items that aren’t actually necessary for most people, a quality stroller is an important piece of baby gear that you will likely get a lot of use out of.
Strollers come in many different styles, colors, and with various features. Some are relatively affordable while others can cost several hundred to over $1000. When choosing a stroller it’s important to know that the higher priced options aren’t necessarily the best.
Certain brands cost more simply because of the brand name. There are plenty of safe strollers that are available on a budget. To choose the best stroller for your needs you should compare the various features available. The following is a list of the 10 best strollers based on reviews by consumer report.
10. Graco Modes Stroller
The Graco Modes Stroller in Gotham has a gender neutral color scheme in mostly black with white accents. This stroller can be used from the newborn stage through the toddler stage and could easily be the only stroller you ever need to buy.
This stroller from Graco is compatible with all Graco Click Connect infant car seats. These seats can easily and safely snap into the stroller for convenience when your baby is small and you don’t want to wake them to put them into the stroller itself.
- can be used an as infant car seat carrier, an infant stroller, or a toddler stroller
- seat is reversible for use with young babies
- has a 4 position recline
- Graco Click Connect infant seats snap easily into the stroller
- can hold up to 50 pounds
- features a storage basket underneath
- stroller can’t be folded when the seat is rear-facing
- doesn’t have all-terrain wheels
This stroller from Graco is versatile and designed for use with babies from 5 pounds to 50 pounds. The stroller allows you to reverse the seat so you can see your small baby. You can easily clip compatible Graco infant carriers into the stroller for convenience.
8. Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect Travel System
The Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect Travel System includes the stroller and compatible infant carrier. This system comes in a beautiful color scheme with purple accents. The infant seat can be used from 4 to 30 pounds and up to 32″ in height.
This travel system is designed to work together to make transitioning from the car to the stroller quick and easy. The seat snaps effortlessly into the stroller so you don’t have to wake a sleeping baby when you’re doing errands or traveling.
- stroller has a weight limit of 50 pounds
- car seat features a removable seat cushion for washing
- the stroller features a 1 second folding mechanism
- system is easy to use and affordable
- can be used from newborn through toddler stage
- stroller is compatible with many Graco infant seats
- stroller doesn’t feature a reversible seat
- not designed for jogging or for use on rough terrain
This stroller and infant seat system from Graco works together to make travel easy. The stroller includes a large storage basket underneath to keep a diaper bag or other items. It also features a parent’s tray with cup holders and a child’s tray on the front for toddlers to have easy access to a drink.
8. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System includes the stroller and matching infant seat. This system has a light neutral color scheme called Sandstone. Both pieces are versatile and lightweight which makes them extremely user-friendly.
This stroller in the Pivot Modular system has 6 modes. The included infant seat can easily snap into the stroller so you can put your baby in without disturbing them. This feature is especially helpful with newborns and very young babies.
- stroller can be used rear-facing for infants or front-facing for toddlers
- car seat snaps safely onto stroller frame
- includes lots of on-board storage for parents
- can be used as a carriage system, frame stroller, or travel system
- stroller folds up compactly for storage and travel
- the maximum weight for stroller usage is 50 pounds
- wheels are not as functional on different terrain as other strollers
- snapping the car seat onto the stroller frame can be a challenge
This stroller and infant seat system from Evenflo is designed to provide you 6 different methods of use. The car seat can snap onto the stroller frame or you can use the stroller as a freestanding carriage or forward facing stroller unit.
7. Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace
The Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace comes in the beautiful Spearmint Spree pattern. This stroller and infant car seat set features the Evenflo Embrace seat which has an extended weight rating from 4 to 35 pounds.
The stroller in this travel system is lightweight and easy to use. It can be used alone or you can attach the infant seat right out of your car for convenience. This is helpful when traveling with a young baby who frequently falls asleep in the car.
- stroller has a maximum weight limit up to 50 pounds
- large canopy and full sun visor keep your child protected
- ultra-slim 16″ fold makes it easy to keep the stroller in your trunk
- stroller can be used as a 5 or 3 point harness
- 3 reclining positions works well for babies and toddlers
- includes storage basket and cup holders for parents
- clicking the seat into the stroller can be challenging
- stroller doesn’t feature all-terrain wheels
This stroller and infant car seat system includes the base for use in the car with the infant seat. The system allows you to use the stroller alone with older babies or toddlers. You can also click the infant seat into place on the stroller for convenience.
6. Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
The Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller is ideal for the mom with more than one small child. This stroller can hold and infant or small toddler along with providing a standing space on the rear for an older child.
This stroller is made for 2 which makes it convenient when traveling or running errands with young children. It gives your older child the freedom to sit or stand on the back while providing a secure place for your infant to ride.
- compatible with all Graco Click Connect infant seats
- can hold 2 children with weight capacities of 50 pounds each
- front seat of stroller can recline
- compatible Graco infant seats clip securely on the front of the stroller
- includes a child’s tray that can move out of the way for easy stroller entry
- rear of stroller has padded seat so child can sit or stand
- doesn’t fold as compactly as single strollers
- may not be roomy enough for second child when infant seat is attached
This stroller from Graco has 5 different riding options. It allows your older child to sit or stand on the rear of the stroller. You can also use the front as a way to attach your compatible infant seat or simply sit your younger child in the stroller seat itself.
5. Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
The Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System includes the stroller and matching infant car seat. This set comes in a beautiful Papyrus color scheme with light and dark grays. The system has an easy design that allows you to attach and detach the seat from the stroller effortlessly.
This travel system from Chicco includes the Bravo stroller and the Key Fit 30 infant seat. The seat of the stroller can be removed so you can transport the infant seat alone which works well for newborns and babies too young to ride comfortably in the traditional stroller seat.
- stroller can be folded with one hand
- it stands on it’s own when folded which is helpful when traveling or storing it
- auto-positioning wheels make for a smooth ride
- stroller has a parent tray with storage and cup holders
- can be used with children up to 50 pounds
- car seat can be used rear-facing from 4 to 30 pounds
- system is pricier than many other comparable strollers
- doesn’t include a child’s tray or cup holder
This system from Chicco includes a versatile stroller that can be used in a traditional way or as a frame for holding the infant seat. The stroller has a maximum weight of 50 pounds. It includes a parent’s tray for storage and also has a storage basket underneath.
4. BOB Revolution Flex Duallie 2.0 Jogging Stroller
The BOB Revolution Duallie 2.0 Jogging Stroller is ideal for anyone with twins or two stroller-aged children. This stroller has all-terrain wheels and works well for jogging, walking, or just running errands with your children.
This stroller from BOB can be used from birth through preschool age. There is an optional car seat adapter that can be purchased separately that allows you to attach a compatible infant seat to one or both sides of the stroller.
- each side of the stroller has a maximum weight of 50 pounds
- stroller has a locking swivel front wheel
- handlebar can be adjusted to 9 different positions
- each side can recline independently
- extra large canopies feature UPF 50+ protection
- large wheels go easily over most terrain
- unit is large and somewhat heavy compared to some other strollers
- folding the stroller can be difficult
This two-child stroller from BOB is designed to hold up to 50 pounds on each side. The stroller features large wheels that can work on most terrain for walking or jogging. It has storage on the bottom and also has several storage pockets for smaller essentials.
3. Graco Aire3 Travel System
The Graco Aire3 Travel System includes the stroller and matching infant car seat. This set comes with the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 infant seat which allows you to keep your child rear-facing in the car until 35 pounds.
The stroller included in this travel system is lightweight and easy to use. The included infant seat can attach securely to the stroller to allow you to keep your baby in the seat when they’re sleeping. This feature works well for newborns and younger babies who sleep in their car seats.
- stroller weighs less than 22 pounds
- seat can recline to allow your child to sleep in the stroller
- car seat can be used from 4 through 35 pounds
- infant seat connects securely to stroller
- stroller has self standing feature
- 3-wheel design makes the stroller easy to push over various types of terrain
- not ideal for jogging
- folding the stroller while holding a child can be frustrating
This stroller and infant car seat set from Graco can be used together or separately. The infant seat clicks into the stroller for use with small babies. The stroller seat can also recline and is ideal for use with children up to 50 pounds in weight.
2. BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller
The BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller can be used from birth through early childhood. This stroller features a mountain bike style suspension with oversized wheels which helps it move easily over most types of terrain.
This stroller from BOB is lightweight but made of durable materials. It has a smooth ride which is ideal if you’re jogging with a sleepy child and don’t want to disturb them. It can fold up for travel or storage when not in use.
- locking swivel front wheel
- extra large canopy provides sun protection
- stroller can recline to nearly flat
- adjustable handlebar works for all heights
- lightweight and easy to maneuver
- large tires go over all types of terrain easily
- not easy to fold while holding a child
- unit is pricier than many other similar strollers
This jogging stroller from BOB has a lightweight design that allows you to walk or jog with it effortlessly. The stroller can be used with infants through preschool age children. You can fold it up for storage in your trunk or for travel.
1. Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Travel System
The Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Travel System includes the stroller and compatible infant car seat. This car seat allows you to keep your baby rear-facing until they are 35 pounds in weight. It snaps easily into the stroller for convenience.
This travel system from Britax includes car seat adapters. The infant carrier is made from durable materials with side impact protection for safety. The stroller can be used with or without the car seat depending on the age and needs of your child.
- stroller can be used from birth through 55 pounds
- one-hand folding allows you to fold and unfold the stroller easily
- car seat can be used from 4 through 35 pounds
- system works for children from newborn age through preschool
- 3-wheel configuration on stroller makes it easy to maneuver
- stroller features a large sunshade for protection
- system is pricey when compared to other stroller brands
- included car seat is heavier when compared to other seats
This travel system from Britax includes the infant seat, which can be used with your child until they’re 35 pounds, along with the stroller. The included B Agile stroller has a smooth movement with wheels that are designed to prevent jerky movements on different types of terrain.
A quality stroller can be used anytime you need to take your baby on an outing. They’re also great for travel. Some strollers come in a set with a matching infant carrier. Others are sold on their own.
It’s important to consider the weight limit of the strollers you’re looking at to find on that will last many years. Some are designed to work for infancy through the toddler years so you only need to buy one stroller.
Others will have a lower weight limit, but the stroller my be lighter and easier to maneuver. You may also want to look for a stroller that has a one-handed folding mechanism.
Folding a stroller while holding onto a child can be difficult if it can’t be done with one hand. Lastly, read online reviews from other parents to help you choose a stroller that’s made well and designed to last.
- 10. Graco Modes Stroller
- 8. Graco Fastaction Fold Click Connect Travel System
- 8. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- 7. Evenflo Vive Travel System with Embrace
- 6. Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
- 5. Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- 4. BOB Revolution Flex Duallie 2.0 Jogging Stroller
- 3. Graco Aire3 Travel System
- 2. BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller
- 1. Britax 2017 B Agile & B Safe 35 Travel System