Using a sauna regularly can have many health benefits. A sauna works to relax your body and allows you to spend some time in a soothing environment to also relax your mind.
Infrared saunas may also have some additional health benefits compared to the traditional steam sauna. An infrared sauna uses infrared heaters to emit beneficial warmth to the body.
Having an infrared sauna device in your home can provide you with all the benefits of infrared heat in the privacy and convenience of your own space.
- Reviews 10 Best Infrared Sauna By Consumer Reports
- 10. Radiant Saunas BSA6315 Harmony Deluxe Oversized Portable Cabin
- 9. SereneLife Portable Infrared Home Spa
- 8. Nova Microdermabrasion Improved 3 Zone Fir Far Infrared Sauna Blanket
- 7. JNH Lifestyles NE1HB1 ENSI Collection 1 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
- 6. JNH Lifestyles NE3HB1 ENSI Collection 3 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
- 5. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 1 Person Far Infrared Sauna
- 4. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna
- 3. JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 ENSI Collection 2 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
- 2. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood Sauna
- 1. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
- How To Choose The Best Infrared Sauna
Reviews 10 Best Infrared Sauna By Consumer Reports
There are some saunas that are the best in the market and have many benefits associated with them. The best infrared sauna consumer report include the following:
10. Radiant Saunas BSA6315 Harmony Deluxe Oversized Portable Cabin
The Radiant Saunas Harmony Deluxe Oversized portable cabin is perfect for those looking for a sauna that can be stored away when you’re not using it. This unit is made of durable materials and has a beech wood frame that is designed to last.
This sauna comes in a stylish brown color that won’t clash with your other home decor. It has several features that allow you to easily change the settings depending on what you want from your sauna experience. The unit is powered by electricity and uses a standard household outlet.
- Includes a heavy duty chair that has a maximum weight capacity of 220 pounds
- The unit has a remote that can be used while you’re in the sauna through the dual arm openings
- You can store the remote in the front pocket so it’s always accessible.
- Comes equipped with 6 automatic program options so you can choose among the different timers and settigns
- The frame for the support is strong but lightweight so you can move the sauna around as needed
- It has a 6 foot power cord for convenience
- – heat isn’t completely uniform throughout due to the absence of a panel in the front of the unit
- – can only be used by one person at a time, unlike larger stand alone saunas
This infrared sauna works well for anyone looking for sauna treatment in their home. It takes up minimal space and can be stored away when not in use. The unit is made from durable materials with a strong but lightweight frame and it comes with a chair to use inside the sauna.
9. SereneLife Portable Infrared Home Spa
The SereneLife Portable Infrared Home Spa is a lightweight and affordable option for those searching for a relaxing and beneficial sauna that won’t break the budget. This sauna is made of durable materials and can be used safely inside the home. The unit works to detoxify and provide an easy way to relax without the expense of spa visits.
This sauna from SereneLife is completely portable and can be folded and stored away when you’re not using it. The arm holes allow you to read, watch TV, or use the included sauna remote while you’re sitting inside the sauna.
- Comes with its own portable and foldable chair so you don’t have to use your own chair
- Is fully foldable and easy to store
- Allows you to adjust the heat to a level that is most comfortable and beneficial for your needs
- easy to adjust with the included remote
- the remote can be stored in the front pocket of the unit when you’re not using it
- you can use the included foot pad for relaxation and detoxification of the feet
- the included chair doesn’t provide as much support and comfort as other chairs or stand alone saunas
- may not reach temperatures as high as some other types of saunas
This portable infrared sauna unit comes with a chair for use inside the unit. You can use the remote while you’re in the sauna to change the temperature or the timer. This sauna would work well if you’re looking for a compact unit with many of the same features as more expensive saunas.
8. Nova Microdermabrasion Improved 3 Zone Fir Far Infrared Sauna Blanket
This infrared sauna blanket has a unique style that is designed to be beneficial for the skin as well as helpful for weight loss. This blanket design means that it doesn’t require a lot of space for storage when you’re not using it. You can easily fold the blanket and keep it in a cupboard or closet when not in use.
This budget-friendly infrared sauna blanket is ideal for those who are on a limited budget but want to have many of the same benefits from a large sauna. The blanket has various controls so you can adjust the time of use and the temperature. It can help to promote blood circulation and also helps rid the body of toxins.
- easy to fold and store away
- timer can be set for anywhere from 0 to 60 minutes
- you can adjust the temperature from 40 to 85 degrees Celcius
- has 4 separate zones on the body that allows you to adjust each zone to a different heat level
- the material of the blanket is designed to prevent skin irritation
- blanket is safe for use on the skin and won’t burn or cause skin issues
- can only be used by one person at a time
- doesn’t offer the same relaxing experience as sitting inside an infrared sauna
This sauna blanket has a unique design that can work well for anyone looking for an affordable sauna experience at home. The blanket can be easily stored when you’re not using it. The sauna blanket has different zones that allows you to control the temperatures for each zone for comfort.
7. JNH Lifestyles NE1HB1 ENSI Collection 1 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
The JNH Lifestyles Collection 1 person infrared sauna is a beautiful and stylish unit that provides you with all the features you could want in an at-home sauna experience. The unit is large and requires a significant amount of space for use.
This technologically advanced sauna has many special features that can’t be found in other saunas. It’s large enough for one person to sit comfortably and has plenty of space to move around. It’s made of durable wood and has a sleek design.
- made of Canadian hemlock that’s double layered for insulation and long-lasting use
- uses infrared heat without EMF
- includes speakers inside so that you can listen to music while in the sauna
- controls are easy to use and the control panel is located inside the unit so you can adjust as needed
- has a large seat so you can sit for extended periods of time comfortably
- is equipped with LED lighting inside
- can only seat one unlike some other large sauna units
- has a significantly higher price tag than many saunas that are compact and portable
This infrared sauna is one of the most technologically advanced units on the market that’ s designed for home use. This sauna has speakers inside so you can listen to music or podcasts. It’s also equipped with beautiful LED lighting. This unit is ideal for anyone looking for an alternative to the zip-up style infrared saunas.
6. JNH Lifestyles NE3HB1 ENSI Collection 3 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
This infrared sauna from JNH Lifestyles can accommodate 3 people at once. The unit is made of durable hardwood materials sourced from Canada. The heating units on the sauna have been tested and are certified to be EMF free. This feature is rare among other infrared saunas.
The JNH Lifestyles sauna is double layered for extra insulation. This means that is requires less energy to maintain its temperature. It has several different settings and timers so that you can easily customize your sauna experience at home.
- spacious with enough seating for up to 3 adults
- equipped with an LED digital control panel that gives you easy access to all the controls
- has a built-in 3.5MM auxiliary port so you can connect your compatible devices
- comes with speakers inside the sauna to listen to music, audio books, or podcasts
- offers ample opportunities for relaxation with a spacious bench and entertainment options
- allows you to relax with a friend or family member since it can seat up to 3
- made of long-lasting materials
- has a lifetime warranty
- this unit is very large and requires a significant amount of space for usage
- it requires some assembly before you can use it
- the high price tag may not work for those seeking a budget-friendly sauna
This sauna is perfect if you have money to spend and a large space to keep your sauna. It has many features that allow you to enjoy the sauna by listening to music or other entertainment. You can easily adjust the sauna settings for the ideal sauna experience based on your needs.
5. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 1 Person Far Infrared Sauna
The JNH Lifestyles Joyous infrared sauna can seat 1 adult. This sauna is made of high quality hardwood that has been sourced from Canadian forests. The beech wood is double layered to offer an extra element of insulation for a more efficient sauna.
This sauna has a beautiful and stylish look. The inside is equipped with a control panel that allows you to change the time or temperature of the sauna. You can also listen to your favorite entertainment while relaxing in your sauna with the included speakers and optional connections.
- sauna has UL listed components and is ETL approved for safety
- includes 6 carbon fiber FAR panels for consistent and steady heat
- comes with built-in AUX controls for device connection
- has excellent insulation for a steady heat that maintains heat level for the entire time
- the controls are easy to use and can be adjusted while you’re in the sauna
- inside the sauna is a cozy bench for relaxation
- can only seat one person at a time
- the unit is larger and pricier than the fold-up infrared saunas that are available
This sauna has a beautiful look and is made from durable hardwood materials. The interior of the sauna is equipped with features that allow you to adjust the settings as needed so you can have a comfortable and relaxing sauna experience. You can also connect your compatible devices with the AUX connection to listen to your favorite music while you sit inside the sauna.
4. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna
The Radiant Saunas infrared sauna has enough space for 2 adults to use it at one time. This sauna is made from durable hemlock wood which works well to hold in the heat for efficiency. It has some added features that help to maximize your time in the sauna.
This 2-person sauna is ideal for the couple who wants to enjoy the sauna together. It has a control panel on the outside so you can adjust the time and temperature. The unit also allows you to listen to your favorite music through the sound system and AUX input option.
- high quality sound system with auxiliary connection for compatible devices
- equipped with chromotherapy lighting and an oxygen ionizer
- has a bronze tinted glass door that is great for insulation, safety, and durability
- the unit is made of Canadian hemlock and designed to be long-lasting
- has a beautiful look and modern styling
- roomy enough for 2 people to use at once
- has 6 carbon heaters to heat up quickly and efficiently
- the temperature can go up to 141 degrees
- this unit is large and requires a large space for use
- the sauna requires some assembly that may be time consuming
This sauna works well for the couple who wants to have a relaxing time in the sauna together. With the added features of the chromotherapy lighting and oxygen ionizer you can enjoy your time in the sauna and reap the most benefits from sauna use. This infrared sauna is made of durable materials and has all the features you need for comfort.
3. JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 ENSI Collection 2 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
The JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection infrared sauna is designed to emit no EMF. This feature is rare among many cheaper infrared saunas. The unit is made from hardwood that is designed to be durable and long-lasting so that you can get many years of usage out of your sauna.
This sauna from JNH Lifestyles is large enough to accommodate 2 people at once. It has a comfortable bench and various controls that allow you to enjoy your time inside the sauna. This unit also has an interior control panel that gives you easy access to the controls.
- LED digital control panel on the inside of the unit lets you change the time and temperature with ease
- has premium speakers and a connectivity option so you can enjoy music or other entertainment
- built-in AUX input can connect with compatible devices
- made of long-lasting Canadian hemlock that is great for insulation to keep the sauna warm
- makes it easy to listen to your favorite entertainment while in the sauna
- can be used by 2 people at once without crowding
- the sauna requires assembly which may take a significant amount of time
- this unit has a price tag that may be considerably higher than some other infrared saunas
This 2-person sauna from JNH Lifestyles works well for those who are looking for a high quality sauna without worrying about budget. It has infrared technology that has been tested and shown to be EMF free. The unit is spacious and has many added features to make it user friendly.
2. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood Sauna
This infrared sauna from JNH Lifestyles is one of the more spacious at-home saunas on the market. It has enough room for up to 3 adults to sit inside comfortably. The sauna has 8 carbon fiber heaters that are designed to deliver quick and even heat for a relaxing time in your sauna.
The JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3-person sauna has a built-in sound system and AUX connection so you can connect your compatible devices. The interior of the sauna has a control panel that allows you to change the temperature and the timer settings while you’re inside.
- equipped with UL listed components and ETL approved for safety and performance
- sauna has 8 FAR infrared heaters that are designed to work efficiently to keep the unit at the desired temperature
- speakers and AUX connection add to your enjoyment of time inside the sauna
- made of durable hardwood from Canada
- digital controls are easy to use
- comes with a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer
- when shipped to you the entire package weighs over 300 pounds and requires significant assembly
- this sauna has a higher price tag than some comparable options on the market
The JNH Lifestyles 3 person sauna works well for anyone searching for a spacious sauna for use at home. It’s made of quality materials and has controls inside the unit so you can adjust the time and temperature. This sauna also comes with a 5 year warranty so you can feel confident in your purchase.
1. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
This sauna from JNH Lifestyles can be used with 1 or 2 adults. It has a spacious bench for comfort and relaxation during your sauna use. The unit is made of long-lasting materials which includes hardwood sourced from the forests of Canada.
This infrared sauna is from the brand that is known for creating safe and efficient saunas for at-home usage. The double layered hemlock wood is natural and eco-friendly with no added chemicals that could leach out during the heating process. The unit has 7 carbon fiber FAR infrared heating elements that heat up quickly and efficiently.
- interior of the sauna is equipped with an AUX connection and speakers for listening to audio books or music
- the digital control panel inside the sauna lets you change the temperature or time without stepping out of the sauna
- made with UL listed components and is also ETL approved
- sauna comes with a 5 year warranty so you feel safe about spending your money
- the 7 infrared heaters are designed to heat up the interior of the sauna quickly and evenly
- double-layered wood construction means that you have excellent insulation
- the unit is bulky and requires a large space for usage
- this sauna comes un-assembled and requires some significant assembly before you can use it
This infrared sauna from JNH Lifestyles works well for the couple who wants the option to relax in the sauna together in the comfort of their home. It has great insulation and is designed to be one of the more eco-friendly saunas available. The interior features make it easy to use and incredibly user-friendly for those who aren’t experienced in sauna usage.
How To Choose The Best Infrared Sauna
There have been many studies that have shown infrared technology to be a great way to treat various common body ailments. Infrared saunas may help with detoxifying the body of potentially harmful substances. This type of therapy can also help with pain relief associated with arthritis and other types of ailments. Most at-home infrared sauna units are fairly easy to set up. Some will require a lot of space for usage while others may be able to be stored away when not in use.
Controls and Ease of Use
When choosing an infrared sauna it’s important to read up on the controls to find one that is easy to use. Most infrared saunas will have a remote that allows you to change the settings while you’re using the sauna. If you decide to invest in a free-standing sauna unit, it will be equipped with a control panel inside the unit so you can control it without stepping out of the unit.
Most infrared saunas will allow you to change the temperature of the unit so that you’re comfortable. Many may also have a timer option so you can know how long you’re spending inside the sauna to get the most benefit from the infrared heat.
Construction and Comfort
There are basically two different designs when it comes to infrared saunas. There are stand alone sauna units that are quite pricey and require a lot of space. The benefit of these units is that most can seat more than one person at a time. Other units are designed to be used by one person and can be folded and stored away when you’re not using them.
When choosing a sauna based on comfort, you should consider how often you plan to use the unit. If you plan on the frequent use you may want to purchase a larger infrared sauna which will provide you with space. If you have very limited space for use and only want a sauna for occasional use, a compact unit will likely work best.
Infrared Sauna and Coverage
The infrared sauna can provide health benefits to the entire body. Sitting inside the unit exposes your body to the beneficial heat from the infrared heating elements. This works for different skin concerns, can help with weight loss, and can also provide relief for certain ailments.
A stand alone sauna unit provides a more full-body experience than units where you sit inside the collapsible sauna with your head outside the unit. If you have skin concerns on your facial area and wish to use the sauna to combat aging effects, the larger sauna is able to provide more coverage for the skin.
Saunas can be pricey so it’s important to consider the warranty when choosing a sauna. You should be aware of what the warranty covers when considering which sauna to purchase. You should also be knowledgeable about how long the warranty is valid and how to submit a claim if something goes wrong.
Most saunas come with a warranty that may cover anywhere from 1 year to several years depending on the manufacturer. Always read the fine print with the warranty to ensure you’re able to understand the terms and the time limit on warranty claims.
When you consider how much money you may be spending on an infrared sauna, the customer service of the sauna manufacturer should be an important consideration. To find out objective information on the customer service you can read online reviews from other consumers who have dealt with the customer service department.
A good customer service department means that you can have any questions or concerns answered in a timely manner. This can mean contact for setting up and using your sauna or help if something goes wrong. Good customer service reps should be able to assist you with anything related to your new sauna.
Some saunas may have accessories that can be used with your sauna. This will depend on the make and model of the unit you choose. You can find optional accessories for your infrared sauna by doing an online search.
You may also be able to find accessories for your sauna by contacting the customer service center from your sauna’s manufacturer. Accessories may include chairs, cushions, pillows, or other items to make your sauna usage more comfortable.
Choosing the best infrared sauna can depend on your budget and the ways in which you intend to use your sauna. For those who wish to use their sauna frequently, a large stand alone unit may be the best option. If you want a sauna for occasional use, or you have very limited space, a compact unit that can be stored away when you’re not using it is likely the best option. Other factors to consider when choosing a sauna include the customer service of the manufacturer, the warranty, and the features of the ones you’re looking at.