Warm weather means you can enjoy time spent outdoors with friends and family. There are many great things that go along with spring and summer. But there are also some negative things that come with warmer outdoor temperatures. There are many types of insects that come out in huge numbers once the weather turns warm. Some of these insects are harmless and barely noticeable. Ants, on the other hand, can be very troublesome. That’s why it’s important to have an effective way to deal with them.
Ants gather in large groups which makes them particularly annoying when compared to other insects. They make nests in various places in your yard which means you can end up dealing with hundreds or thousands of them. Plus, some ants bite and can cause quite the reaction to your skin. It’s best to deal with ants using an effective ant killer before they become a huge problem. The following is a list of the 10 best outdoor ant killers based on reviews by consumer guides.
10. Pic Indoor/Outdoor Metal Ant Traps
The Pic metal ant traps come in a set of 3. These traps are simple to use and can be effective all killing all types of ants. They are safe for indoor or outdoor use.
This set of 3 indoor/outdoor ant killing traps makes it easy to remove ants from your yard, kitchen, or other areas. The tins are compact in size so you can easily place them in smaller spaces.
- works with most types of ants
- you can notice a decrease in ants around the outside of your home in as little as 24 hours
- simplistic design makes them very easy to use
- easy to use
- safe for indoor and outdoor use
- caution should be used if you have small children or pets
- they may not last as long as some other types of ant killing treatments
This set of 3 tins from Pic contain an ant-killing compound that the ants can carry back to their colonies. This helps to eliminate large colonies of ants in little time.
9. Combat Max Ant Killing Gel Bait Station
The Combat Max ant killing get bait station uses a powerful gel that kills ants quickly. This product allows the ants to carry the poisonous gel back to the nest which helps kill large numbers of ants faster.
This ant killer from Combat comes in a box with 4 bait stations. The gel inside the bait stations works well on most types of ants and can be used nearly anywhere.
- safe for use indoors or outdoors
- kills ants in as little as 24 hours
- easy to use and is mess-free
- designed to kill the queen and the entire colony
- uses a tri-sugar formula
- can be used in a window sill, under your sink, or outdoors
- care should be used when placing these bait stations if you have pets or small children
- not designed to kill fire ants
This set of 4 ant bait stations contain a powerful gel that kills ants in as little as 24 hours. Once opened, these bait stations can last for up to 3 months to help prevent ant infestations outside or inside your home.
8. Terro T1812 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits 6 Pack
The Terro T1812 outdoor liquid ant baits come in a pack of 6 boxes. These bait packs are made with a powerful ant killing compound to help you get rid of ant infestations quickly.
This set of 6 boxes of ant bait packs includes 48 total ready-to-use bait stations. They are simple to install and can be used in most places in your yard to get rid of ants effectively.
- see through bait monitor lets you know when to replace the bait stations
- comes ready to use
- designed with a stake so you can stick them in the ground easily
- can be ready for use right out of the box
- kills ants outdoors before they can get inside your home
- designed to eliminate entire any colonies in little time
- may not last as long as other types of ant killer
- can only be installed in areas where you can insert them into the ground
This set of ant bait stations contains 48 total. That allows you to place the stations all around your yard to kill any ants before a real infestation. The bait stations have stakes so you can stick them in the ground easily.
7. Raid Ant & Roach Killer Defense System
The Raid Ant & Roach Killer defense system comes in a 3-pack. These spray cans of ant and roach killer can be used in many areas to kill ants and to prevent them from getting inside your home.
This ant and roach spray from Raid has a fresh scent that doesn’t linger on surfaces or in the air. It sprays easily and thoroughly so you can take care of large areas in little time.
- each can contains 17.5 ounces
- can work for up to 4 weeks after use to prevent reinfestation
- kills on contact
- smell is pleasant and doesn’t stay around in the air for long
- results can last for weeks
- not good for use in enclosed spaces
- shouldn’t be used around small children and pets
This spray ant and roach killer from Raid comes in a 3-pack. It sprays easily and thoroughly to help you cover large areas with little time and effort. The spray is designed to kill instantly.
6. TERRO 1700 T1700 19 oz. Outdoor Ant Killer Spray
The TERRO 1700 outdoor ant killer spray has a durable spray nozzle that makes it easy to use. This spray is ideal for use in many areas around your home to kill ants and reduce or eliminate infestations.
This ant spray from TERRO comes in a 19-ounce can with a convenient spray nozzle. It’s designed to work very quickly so you don’t have to worry about ants getting inside your home.
- designed to provide long-term control
- useful in killing most types of ants
- can spray up to 15 feet away
- nozzle is well-designed to help you spray hard-to-reach areas
- can also kill cockroaches and other annoying insects
- made with effective active ingredients to kill ants and other insects quickly
- should not be used near pets or children
- product may have an unpleasant smell
This powerful ant spray is designed to kill most types of ants. It also works on other pesky insects. It’s made to be used outdoors and can be sprayed up to 15 feet away.
5. TERRO T1812 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes
The TERRO T1812 outdoor liquid ant killer bait stakes come in an 8-pack. These bait stakes contain a powerful ant killing compound that works well to reduce most types of ants that are commonly found in yards.
These ant bait stakes are easy to install and can be used around your yard to kill ants effectively. The 8 pack allows you to space them out in areas where you have ant problems.
- stakes are made of durable plastic
- they come ready to use, you simply insert them into the ground and break the tab
- bait kills all common household ants
- pre-filled design makes them quick and easy to install
- can be used in most types of ground
- see-through bait monitor tells you when they need to be replaced
- not designed to be refillable
- results may not last as long as with some other types of ant killing products
These ant bait traps from TERRO have stakes so you can install them easily around the outside of your home. You can see the bait inside which lets you know when the traps need to be replaced.
4. BioAdvanced 700310A Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer
The BioAdvanced 700310A carpenter ant and termite killer can be effective at killing many of the most annoying insects outside your home. It’s also safe for indoor use as long as you follow the directions.
This ant killing product can also work on fleas, ticks, crickets, spiders, and more. It works quickly to reduce annoying, damaging, or even dangerous insects in your yard or inside your house.
- comes in a concentrated formula
- gets rid of many common household pests
- can be used as a home barrier to prevent insects from coming inside your house
- designed to be effective against over 75 different types of insects
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- concentrated formula lasts a long time
- has to be mixed before use
- extra caution should be used when the product is sprayed around areas where children or pets are present
This concentrated formula kills many common insects that can damage your home or cause injury. It can be used around fences, wood piles, on your lawn, or in other areas where pests are found.
3. Ortho BugClear Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes
The Ortho BugClear insect killer is designed for use on lawns and landscaped areas. This product kills ants and many other pests that are commonly found in yards.
This ready-to-spray ant killer can kill around 235 different types of bugs, including most ant species. The spray comes out evenly and is easy to spray in hard-to-reach areas.
- doesn’t require mixing
- can provide up to 6 months of insect control
- designed to treat a lawn up to 5300 square feet in size
- can cover a large area with just one bottle
- a single application is designed to be effective for months
- sprays easily by connection to your garden hose
- not safe for use in areas where water runoff may be an issue
- it may leak at the hose connection point
This ready-to-spray insect killer works on ants and many other types of insects. It connects directly to your water hose which makes for quick application to large areas.
2. Terro T1700SR 19 oz Outdoor Ant Killer Spray
The Terro T1700SR outdoor ant killer spray comes in a 2 pack. Each spray can contains 19 ounces of liquid ant killer which can be applied in most outdoor areas.
This spray any killer from Terro is effective against many types of ants. It can also kill other types of bugs that may infest your yard or get inside your home.
- kills insects outdoors so they don’t come inside your home
- designed for long-term results
- can spray up to 15 feet away
- spray bottle makes it easy to apply
- also effective against spiders, box elder bugs, cockroaches and more
- 2 bottles can spray a large area
- shouldn’t be used around pets or children
- due to the design of the nozzles, it can be hard to aim the spray into smaller areas
This ant spray from Terro can also be used to kill many other types of insects. The bottle can spray up to 15 feet away which helps save time during application.
1. Terro 1806 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits
The Terro 1806 outdoor liquid ant baits have a design that allow ants to go inside, retrieve the poison, and take it back to the colony. This helps kill large numbers of ants in less time.
This set of ant bait traps contain a powerful ant killing compound to make quick work of outdoor any infestations. They are easy to use and small so you can place them in areas with little space.
- can be placed with or without stakes
- design protects the bait from the elements so it doesn’t dry out
- made with borax
- can kill the entire colony in little time
- work well in small spaces
- easy to install
- you can’t tell when the bait is gone which makes it difficult to know when to replace the traps
- the instructions on how to activate the traps can be hard to understand
This set of 6 ant bait traps from Terro are designed for outdoor use. The traps can kill many ants in your yard or other outdoor space in very little time.
There are many different options when it comes to ant-killing products. If you have pets or small children, you may want to consider a natural method. It’s very important to read and follow the directions exactly to ensure the product works as intended. Ant killer designed for outdoor use comes in different formulations. Some are designed to be sprayed while others may act as ant traps or use other methods to kill ants.
Ants can be quite an outdoor nuisance during the summer. They can get into the trash and can invade an outdoor celebration quickly. Plus, ants multiply quickly and live in large colonies so they can overtake your outdoor space in no time. When you’re looking for an outdoor ant killer it’s important to consider where you plan to use the product so you can choose the best option. It’s also helpful to read online reviews to help you choose the best option based on price and effectiveness.
- 10. Pic Indoor/Outdoor Metal Ant Traps
- 9. Combat Max Ant Killing Gel Bait Station
- 8. Terro T1812 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits 6 Pack
- 7. Raid Ant & Roach Killer Defense System
- 6. TERRO 1700 T1700 19 oz. Outdoor Ant Killer Spray
- 5. TERRO T1812 Outdoor Liquid Ant Killer Bait Stakes
- 4. BioAdvanced 700310A Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer
- 3. Ortho BugClear Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes
- 2. Terro T1700SR 19 oz Outdoor Ant Killer Spray
- 1. Terro 1806 Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits